Saturday, August 2, 2008

Revolution!

From Madison:

True, Washington tends to prefer Macks' lap and company while I've found a happy home cuddled close to Deer (especially when she's playing with the pretty string!) and we both had become quite accustomed to having our gentle Deer with us all day long these last few months. It's good to know there's always a warm lap to crawl into, don't you think?

It goes without saying that we were both quite distressed when Deer started to spend inordinate amounts of time away from us at her new whatchamacallit....a job? She's some muckity muck at this place. Nevertheless, we are none too pleased even though she said something about "bringing home the bacon"....bacon? did she say BACON?!?!?!?

I miss her company, especially during afternoon naptime - while I dozed off in her lap, I'd often be able to exert my SFA (aka Super Feline Abilities) and make her fall asleep, too. Tony, on the other hand, got all weird and decided that he would go on a hunger strike. Weirdo. Thank goodness he's over that, even though I most generously offered to eat his breakfast and supper for him. For whatever reason, that brilliant idea didn't fly.

I still miss my little Deer during the day very much. So, whenever she is home, I take every opportunity to give her a bit of Maddie Love. This is one of my most favorite places to cuddle:

Ah...all's right with the world.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

No offense, Washie, but that photo of Deer and Madison is probably my very favorite since the blog started. Sigh. It's good to have a friend.